was supposed to put up a post with some pictures taken at Urbanscapes (which was cool, btw!) with my meagre cameraphone amidst all the snazzy DSLRs but I guess I got lazy and never really bothered uploading.
Now I'm at Starbucks once more and having just read Pauline's latest post which took a jibe at three very dusty blogs, I felt a small twinge of guilt and proceeded here.
True to my Starbucks blogging tradition though, I MUST blog and so I shall.
I'm really supposed to do my final year project.
Well, a proposal for it anyway.
It's two pages long.
I hath no topic.
Raaaaaaaaaaaaaarrr!
That doesn't really qualify as a post, does it? Okay. Let's recount a certain 'woops' that happened yesterday...
My car battery died on me. Here's the thing, our classes started at 3pm yesterday but me and Carmen booked a 'date' with DaddyBryan to go eat spicy pan mee in KL so we went a lil earlier. Earlier meaning 10.30am when the sun is up and shining and switching on my headlights would be utter folly. So, no, I did not leave my headlights on.
We made it to uni, no problems. Now, leaving was the glitch. My car just wouldn't friggin start and we (Carmen and me) were tired and just wanted to brave whatever jam there was and get home. So after an SOS to Uncle Yeow Yeow, we just sat and waited. Thanks a lot to those bozos in two cars who honked and made very flattering noises in our drection when they saw our car bonnet up. I assume that aside from making said noises, none of you are capable of doing manlier things like lifting the car battery. Aide came in the much better form of a guy who stopped to ask if we needed help and even jumpstarted my battery for me. (Only, I felt bad about not being able to communicate well enough with him through my pathetic scraps of mandarin. meh.)
More calvary came when Yeow arrived and he tailed me to the mainroad to make sure things were alright.
Well, we made most of the way home alright. And then at a traffic light which was red, it died again. Just like that, right in the middle of the road. (that road is cursed to me on Fridays. I DON'T KNOW WHY) Oh the honking, dirty looks and glares I'm happily oblivious to. heh. And amidst the mess, God sent more angels. A bunch of boys probably going home after evening sports hung around when they saw the whole thing and even helped me push the car to the side of the road. phew! Crisis one lessened.
I must say one thing about the compassion of our famed AAM which promises to get you out of a scrap and with a smile too. Well, I called them as mom instructed, a nice lady picked up and asked for my car number and after some rustling, I was told my policy had expired and could I please ask my mom to fax over our policy before they dispatch aide. All this after I told her I was a sitting duck in my dead car smack in the middle of traffic. That is what I call cold blooded money making but let's let it go, shall we since I received quite more than enough unedserved aide in other forms. :) All through my conversation, Carmen called bi to tell him I was stuck.
He and his dad came after my car was pushed safely to the side and rejumpstarted it.
My car ran 'heartless' after that since my battery was truly and non-functionally gone. Bi drove and taught me how to drive properly if I were to be in that same situation again. (I sure hope not. >_<) And before that, while me and Carmen were playing damsels in distress standing on the divider in the middle of the road, bi's mom saw us and offered a ride home.
Yes, God, I'm thankful and listening now.
Friday, July 11, 2008
woops.
Posted by
vic
at
8:30 PM
Labels: God-tastic, silly


|